WALDORF SALAD WITH MACADAMIA BLUE CHEESE
This Waldorf Salad is dairy free, full of flavour and utterly delicious
- 1 large head romaine lettuce or other leaf of your choice
- 2 handfuls of watercress
- 1 apple diced
- 2 sticks celery finely diced
- 1 cup walnuts roughly broken up*
- 1 small handful of flatleaf parsley finely chopped
- A few good chunks of macadamia cheese
- *An option to add flavour to the walnuts is first to soak them for 20 mins. Then drain and rinse and mix in 1 tsp. garlic powder 1 tbsp. onion powder and 1/2 tsp. salt. Then dehydrate at 115F for 12 hours. When they are dried roughly break them up by hand.
- Macadamia Cheese recipe available here. To make the Blue Cheese effect just fold in 1/2 tsp. spirulina
- 1/2 tsp. mustard
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup cashews soaked for 20 mins or 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Black pepper to taste
Tear the lettuce and watercress and transfer to a bowl with the apple, celery and parsley.
Put all the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour over salad until is lightly covered and add the walnuts.
Transfer to the serving plates and finish off with a slice of the Macadamia Blue Cheese
If you do not have any nut cheese, you could make a Rawmesan and sprinkle this on top.