WALDORF SALAD WITH MACADAMIA BLUE CHEESE
Author: Jo Holden
This Waldorf Salad is dairy free, full of flavour and utterly delicious
- 1 large head romaine lettuce or other leaf of your choice
- 2 handfuls of watercress
- 1 apple, diced
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly broken up*
- 1 small handful of flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- A few good chunks of macadamia cheese
- *An option to add flavour to the walnuts is first to soak them for 20 mins. Then drain and rinse and mix in 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tbsp. onion powder and ½ tsp. salt. Then dehydrate at 115F for 12 hours. When they are dried roughly break them up by hand.
- Macadamia Cheese recipe available here. To make the Blue Cheese effect, just fold in ½ tsp. spirulina
- ½ tsp. mustard
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup cashews (soaked for 20 mins) or ¼ cup almond butter
- ½ tsp. salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Tear the lettuce and watercress and transfer to a bowl with the apple, celery and parsley.
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour over salad until is lightly covered and add the walnuts.
- Transfer to the serving plates and finish off with a slice of the Macadamia Blue Cheese
- If you do not have any nut cheese, you could make a Rawmesan and sprinkle this on top.