These oat cookies have got the added goodness of quinoa, one of the original superfoods, to help give us longer lasting energy. As with all of my recipes, I use unrefined sugar, and in this case, rice syrup or coconut nectar. However, honey, maple syrup or xylitol would also be fine.
Dark chocolate chips or shredded coconut can be added for extra yumminess!
OAT QUINOA COOKIES
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup oat flour can blitz oats to make finer
- ½ cup quinoa flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2-4 tbsp rice syrup or coconut nectar coconut sugar or xylitol
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp nut butter leave out if need nut free and add coconut butter
- 1-2 tbsp warm water
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips or shredded coconut or goji berries
- 1-2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Set oven to 170C.
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients.
- Mix oil, nut butter and sweetener, heating gently if necessary to form a liquid.
- Add to dry ingredients to form sticky dough, adding water as required
- Form into patties and place on baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Can be stored in the freezer and taken out when needed.