These crackers are a great alternative to bread or store bought crackers. Great served with dips, guacomole or nut butter.
They are super easy to make and adapt to sweet or savoury and can easily be nut free!
- 1/2 cup 80g chia seeds or flax seeds
- 1/2 cup 80g sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup 80g sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 250 ml water
- 1/2 cup 80g almond meal (blend almonds in a food processor until becomes fine)
- To make nut free choose 1/2 cup of any of the seeds and add 2 tbsp. psyllium husks
- 1 tsp dulse flakes optional
- 2 tsp herbs freshly chopped (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp. tamari soy sauce optional
- Preheat the oven to 140C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine the seeds and almond meal in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients with 250ml of water. Pour the liquid mixture onto the seed mixture and stir until thick and combined. Leave for 5-10 minutes to thicken. Spread the mixture on the tray, pressing down using the back of a spoon, until it is 5mm thick. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, cut into 15-20 crackers using a knife, flip them over and bake for another 25 minutes. Cool completely on the tray. Store in a sealed container for 2 weeks.