This Spicy Slaw with Miso is crunchy, refreshing, full of phytonutrients and Vitamin C and delicious as a main course or a side dish
SPICY SLAW WITH MISO
Author: Jo Holden
- ½ a red cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, spiralised, finely sliced or grated
- 2 spring onions or half a red onion
- 1 small fennel bulb or celery stick, diced
- A handful of fresh coriander to serve and a sprinkling of sesame seeds
- Spicy miso dressing
- 1-2 tbsp. lime or lemon juice
- ½ tsp. tamari soy sauce
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil or a mix with sesame oil
- ½ tsp. raw honey
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- 1 tsp. sweet miso
- 1 red chilli, finley chopped (optional)
- Place the chopped ingredients for the slaw in a large bowl, leaving the coriander till last.
- Blend the dressing ingredients and mix through thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with the coriander and sesame seeds if you are using.