These raw paleo nut bars are perfect for a snack or for breakfast – full of protein, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals and minimum natural sugars giving you long lasting energy and balanced sugar levels.
RAW PALEO NUT BAR
These raw paleo nut bars are perfect for a snack or for breakfast - full of protein and healthy fats and natural sugars giving you long lasting energy and balanced sugar levels.
- 1 cup walnuts soaked and activated
- ½ cup cashews soaked and activated
- ½ cup almonds soaked and activated
- 1 cup sunflower and pumpkin seeds soaked and activated
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup dried shredded coconut
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup raw honey or other natural sweetener like Lakanto Monfruit sweetenr or stevia
- ½-1 teaspoon vanilla extract or powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries gojis, blueberries or 65% cacao chips
- Add nuts and seeds to a food processor and pulse until they are coarsely ground.
- Place in a bowl and stir in the almond meal and shredded coconut.
- Gently melt the coconut oil and almond butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Stir in the honey, vanilla, sea salt and then pour over the dry mixture.
- Add the dried fruit or choc chips and mix well.
- Spoon into a tray lined with parchment paper and smooth out.
- Place in the fridge or freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Once it is set, cut into slices and store in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge or for longer in the freezer.