This delicious Raw Pad Thai recipe is inspired by the brilliant Raw Food Workshop I was lucky to do in Bali. It is so fresh, zingy, vibrant and with a kick. I absolutely love to make this for my friends and family.
RAW PAD THAI
- For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup almond butter or other nut butter of your choice
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 garlic gloves
- 1-2 long red chilli depending on how hot you like it!
- 5-6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or 3 dates
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1-2 tablespoons water as needed for your consistency.
- For the Veg:
- 2 cups carrots julienned
- 1 cup red cabbage finely shredded
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1-2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup mangetout sliced lenghways
- 1/2 cup coriander chopped, and some extra for garnishing
- 1 cup spring onions sliced diagonally
- Thumb size piece of ginger diced small
- 1/4 cup pistachios crushed, as a topping
- 1-2 handfuls of fresh mint
- Blend all the sauce ingredients until smooth and set aside while you prepare the veggies.
- Slice the veggies finely and place in a large bowl.
- Rub the sauce in well and garnish with the pistachios and some extra coriander