This raw chocolate avocado pie is free from dairy, gluten and refined sugars and utterly delicious. The crust is a great foundation crust for many different pies – fruit such as mango or coconut cream custard.
RAW CHOCOLATE AVOCADO PIE
This raw chocolate avocado pie is free from dairy, gluten and refined sugars and utterly delicious. The crust is a great foundation crust for many different pies - fruit such as mango or coconut cream custard.
- 1 1/8 cups dried coconut
- 1 1/8 cups soaked and dehydrated walnuts soaking releases phytic acid and bitterness
- 1/4 cup soft dates Medjool
- A dash of cayenne pepper to open the palette
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 7/8 2 cups minus 2 tbsp. water or coconut water
- 2 1/2 or 10 oz avocado flesh
- 1/2 cup young coconut meat
- can substitute more coconut instead of avocado or more avocado instead of coconut
- 1 cup coconut sugar or Lakanto Sweetener very low glycemic sweetener
- 1 tablespoon Lecithin granules non-GMO soy or sunflower - to give silky creaminess
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 3/4 cup coconut oil - healthy fat that will hold it together
- Add the dried coconut to a food processor and process until it becomes like a flour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until doughy.
- Add another date or a tiny amount of coconut oil if needed (not water!)
- Press into a 9-inch pie plate, trying to bring it up at the sides.
- Freeze while making the filling.
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Make sure not to overblend, otherwise the fat from the avocado will go gluggy.
- Pour into the crust and even it out.
- Allow to set in the freezer for about 2-4 hours.
- Decorate with chocolate shavings by using a peeler with a bar of dark chocolate and peel shavings onto the pie.
- Allow pie to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before cutting into slices and serving.
- It can be stored beautifully in the freezer.