RAW CARROT CAKE with Vanilla Lemon Icing
I am known for my love of carrot cakes - this one is raw!
- 3 cups chopped carrot or carrot pulp
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup activated raw walnuts
- 2/3 cup dried coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup raisons
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Vanilla lemon Frosting:
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked overnight or 2-4 hours fine too
- 2/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup water use more or less to achieve desired consistency
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lecithin
- 1/2 teasppon sea salt
- Add the carrots to a food processor and start to pulse.
- Then add the walnuts, coconut, spices and chia seeds with the dates last and mix into small pieces.
- if you use carrot pulp and it is a little dry you can add a little lemon or orange juice.
- Press the mixture into a greased square or round spring form tin.
- Place in the fridge while you make the frosting.
- Rinse the soaked cashews and blend everything leaving the lecithin until last.
- Remove the cake base from the fridge and pour the icing over the top and around the sides.