This raw beetroot hummus dip is so delicious!
Beetroots contain powerful antioxidants, potassium, magnesium and iron and are great for increasing stamina and endurance during physical exercise. Beetroot is also a wonderful healer, a blood purifier, promotes liver detoxification, lowers blood pressure, fights inflammation and contains potent anti-cancer properties.
This beetroot hummus also contains other nutrient dense ingredients including tahini – rich in essential fats, vitamins and minerals and methionine. Chickpeas are high in fibre, protein, manganese, iron and are great for stabilising blood sugar levels and promoting weight loss.
This recipe is quick and easy to make and offers amazing flavour, colour and great health benefits.
RAW BEETROOT HUMMUS DIP
- 1 large beetroot
- 400 g cooked chickpeas
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 lemons juiced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and grate the beetroot using a fine blade grater and place in a food processor.
- Add the chickpeas, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper and blend until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Add more olive oil or lemon juice if it is too dry.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.