This is a firm favourite at home… It’s warm and comforting but leaves you feeling light.
Perfect for family meals.. spice it up a little more if you like it hot!
Mung Bean Curry
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Red Onion chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 cm Root Ginger freshly grated
- 2 small red or green chillies finely chopped
- 1 heaped tsp Soya bean paste
- 1 tsp Cinnamon ground
- 1 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves fresh or dried
- 3 Plum Tomatoes chopped or 1/2 tin
- 1 Sweet Potato diced
- 300 ml Coconut Milk
- 150 g Split Mung Beans soaked for 1 hour and cooked
- 1 handful Baby spinach leaves
- Coriander to garnish
- Brown rice or Quinoa to serve
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, chillies and soya bean paste and saute for 2 minutes to soften the onion.
- Add the spices, lime leaves and tomatoes and cook for a further 2-3 minutes to soften the tomatoes.
- Add the sweet potato and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and mung beans.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the sweet potato is tender.
- Finally, add the baby spinach a few minutes before serving.
- Add coriander to garnish and serve with brown rice or quinoa.