This mint chocolate chip avocado ice cream is a simple, healthy and delicious treat. As with my chocolate avocado mousse, it’s a great way of getting the kids to enjoy avocados!
Avocados are a high fibre food, packed with healthy fats and rich in minerals especially magnesium and potassium. They improve our heart health, hormone balance and digestive health and much much more….a truly amazing food!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 2 tbsp xylitol, coconut syrup or maple syrup (to taste, depending on how sweet you like it)
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips (minimum 60% cacao)
- 1 tbsp. green superfood powder (optional)
- Put all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, into a blender and process until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a freezer container and leave in the freezer, stirring every 2 hours, until it has frozen to how you like it.