HOMEMADE COCONUT MILK FROM FRESH COCONUT
- The flesh and water from one fresh coconut
- 1 + 1/2 cup plain filtered water
- Add coconut flesh, coconut water and 1 cup water to your blender.
- Process on the highest possible speed for 5 to 10 minutes.
- When you feel the coconut has given all it has to give, transfer the liquid to a fine mesh sieve thats been lined with cheesecloth or a nut milk bag.
- Squeeze the contents until you cant get another drop out. You can discard the very dry shredded coconut.
- Transfer your coconut milk to an airtight glass jar or container and keep refrigerated for up to 5 days or keep for longer in the freezer.
- If stored, shake well before use as the "cream" of the coconut milk may separate on the top.