This healthy Nutella spread is just as indulgent as the real thing but rather than stuffed full of refined sugar and vegetable oils this is full of goodness from the hazelnuts and is low in sugar as I have used xylitol and maple syrup instead.
- 2 cups raw hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup xylitol or other refined sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 11/2 tbsp vanilla extract or powder
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- A pinch of salt
- Roast hazelnuts in a preheated oven at 180C for 8-10 minutes.
- Rub them together in a paper towel to get the skins off.
- Blend the nuts in a food processor or blender until it has turned to butter.
- Add all the other ingredients and blend until smooth leaving the coconut oil to last.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge.