This green goddess soup has to be my favourite soup of all time!
It’s so simple to make and tastes supreme..
Green Goddess Soup
A super healthy and warming soup with all my favourite veggies in.
- 200 g spinach leaves chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 2 shallots sliced
- 1 tsp ginger finely grated
- 1 tsp turmeric finely grated
- 2 Tbsp almonds chopped
- 200 g broccoli
- 200 g asparagus
- 1 cup green peas
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup water
- Blanch spinach in hot water for 2 minutes then rinse thoroughly in cold water.
- Saute garlic, shallots, ginger and turmeric in olive oil until fragrant.
- Add almonds.
- Add broccoli and saute for 1 minute, then add peas.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika and mix well.
- Let the vegetables soak up the flavours.
- Add the vegetable stock and spinach and simmer on low heat for approximately 5 minutes until the vegetables are cooked but not mushy (they should still be bright green).
- Let cool. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest and mint.
- Puree in a blender, adding water if necessary to get desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust the flavours.
- Serve garnished with a sprinkling of paprika.