These delicious dark chocolate avocado truffles are so easy to make and easy to adapt depending on how sweet you like them. I used 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips but you could use unsweetened baking chocolate and a little stevia if you would like them completely sugar free. The creaminess comes from the avocado making them super healthy. I love chocolate orange so I added a couple of drops of orange extract but you could use peppermint or just stick with vanilla and lots of options for rolling them in too!
A perfect gift!
DARK CHOCOLATE AVOCADO TRUFFLES
- 1 cup 6oz dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup mashed avocado about 1 small avocado
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp orange extract or peppermint optional
- 4 tbsp. cacao or dessicated coconut for rolling
- Use a bain marie or glass bowl over hot water to melt chocolate, vanilla, and salt together until smooth
- Mash avocado until there are no lumps and add to mixture
- Stir until smooth and thickened
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes or until slightly firm
- Once chilled scoop mixture out, about the size of a tbsp and roll into balls, creating a smooth surface
- Roll each truffle into cacao or dessicated coconut and place on baking paper
- Place on a baking tray with baking paper and store in fridge or freezer but serve at room temerature. I let them set on a tray for a short while before putting into a box