The combination of chocolate and mango in this chocolate mango chia pudding is delicious!
Cacao is an incredible source of antioxidants and full of magnesium and iron along with plenty of other minerals and is wonderful at elevating our mood and energy.
Chia is bursting with fibre, full of omega-3 which is a fantastic anti-inflammatory. It is also full of calcium so good for our bones and with iron and protein in it too, keeping us energised and satisfied for hours.
It is so creamy and so easy to make and is perfect for either breakfast or for a desert!
Check out my video below to see how it’s done!
- Chocolate chia pudding:
- 1 cup non dairy milk (I use almond milk)
- 1-3 tbsp. raw honey or maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. cacao powder
- Shaved chocolate, cacao nibs, fresh mango cut into cubes or some fresh mint - for garnish
- Mango Chia pudding:
- 1 ripe mango
- ½ cup non dairy milk
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. maple syrup or raw honey (optional, depending on how sweet your mango is)
- Chocolate pudding: Combine almond milk, chia seeds, raw honey or maple syrup and cacao and blend together.
- Pour in a container and refrigerate to set, approximately 4 hours or overnight.
- Mango pudding: Blend almond milk, chia, mango and sweetener if needed until smooth.
- Pour this in another container and put into the fridge to join the chocolate pudding.
- When they are ready stir them again.
- In two glasses, alternatively layer the chocolate pudding and mango pudding.
- Garnish with mango cubes or shaved chocolate and enjoy!