This Chickpea Flour Pizza is an easy gluten free flatbread that is full of fibre and protein.
Delicious topped with hummus and roast vegetables or fresh baby tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, artichoke hearts and Kalamati olives.
CHICKPEA FLOUR PIZZA
This Chickpea Flour Pizza is an easy gluten free flatbread that is full of fibre and protein. Delicious topped with hummus and roast vegetables or fresh baby tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, artichoke hearts and Kalamati olives.
- Roasted Vegetables:
- 1/2 a courgette sliced into 1/2-inch half moons
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil to drizzle over
- Sea salt & Pepper
- 1 cup chickpea flour or garbanzo bean flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoon fresh herbs - coriander is nice
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil for frying
- Quick Hummus Spread:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas or 1 (15 oz.) can, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 180C and allow vegetables to roast for 30 minutes.
- To make the hummus, add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth
- To make the flatbread batter, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and whisk gently.
- If you have time allow the batter to sit for 30 minutes or prepare the night before and add a tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar. This will help break down the starches for better digestion.
- The mixture should have a consistency of pancake batter.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and spoon 1/2 cup of the batter, swirling around to a good pancake shape.
- After a few minutes, flip over and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Cook longer for a crisper base.
- Top with the hummus, fresh rocket or baby spinach and the roasted vegetables and season with sea salt and pepper.