This Chicken Tinola soup is great for restoring your health and is wonderfully nourishing for the gut. Homemade meat stock provides collagen which can heal the gut lining. Soak the juices up with quinoa or brown rice if desired
- 8 pieces of chicken thighs, legs, breast
- 6 carrots chopped
- 2 leeks chopped
- 3 courgettes chopped
- 1 cabbage or kale shredded
- 1 onion diced
- 8 garlic cloves diced
- A good thumb size piece of fresh root ginger diced or grated
- 2 litres stock preferably homemade
- 4 tbsp. tamari
- 4 tbsp. lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and gently cook the onion, garlic and ginger until soft.
- Add the chicken, carrots, leeks and stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the courgette and continue simmering for a further 10 minutes.
- If you would like it to be a little thicker, mix together a tsp. of arrowroot with a little water and stir through.
- Add the cabbage or kale and turn off the heat.
- Now stir in the tamari, lemon juice and season to taste.