These buckwheat wraps are a great gluten free option. For better digestion, by breaking down the starch, make in advance and leave to soak overnight.
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 egg
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. honey optional
- 1 tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar if soaking the batter
- Coconut oil for frying
- Whisk all the ingredients together and leave to stand if you have time.
- Add more water , if needed to make the batter thinner.
- Grease a frying pan with coconut oil, lightly.
- Pour 1/4 cup size portions into the pan and allow to cook till lightly brown.
- Flip the wrap over and cook the other side.
- Serve hot with a variety of fillings.
- These wraps can be frozen - allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container.
- They can be warmed up on a tray in the oven or in a frying pan.