HOMEMADE COCONUT MILK FROM SHREDDED COCONUT
- 4 cups of water
- 2 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut
- Heat the water, but do not boil. It should be hot, but not scalding.
- Put the coconut in your blender with the water.
- Blend on high for several minutes until thick and creamy.
- Pour through a cheesecloth on a sieve or a nut milk bag.
- Sore in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or for longer in the freezer.
- Shake before using as the "cream" of the coconut milk may separate on the top.