These banana oat pancakes are so simple and quick to cook, making them perfect for breakfast.
Serve with your favourite fruit – berries, pomegranates or passion fruit and a dollop of coconut yogurt or nut butter or just drizzle with maple syrup and lemon.
- 2 cups oats (preferably gluten free)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup non dairy milk (I use almond milk)
- 2 bananas
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Place all ingredients except oil into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Let stand for 15-20 minutes until batter thickens, if you have time, otherwise don't worry. Can always make the night before.
- If batter is too thick to pour easily, add a little water.
- Heat oil in frying pan or skillet.
- Pour batter, by ¼ cup - ½ cup, into pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- For waffles: pour into heated waffle iron and cook for 10 minutes.