This baked salmon with a spicy miso sauce is rich in omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin D from the salmon…great for our brain, heart, bones and joints and endless other health benefits. Miso is full of beneficial probiotics and antioxidants..helping digestion and our immune system. A super healthy and flavoursome combination! Perfect with quinoa or cauliflower rice to soak up the miso sauce. Serve with plenty of greens!
BAKED SALMON WITH A SPICY MISO SAUCE
- 2 Salmon fillets preferably wild
- 2 tsp.coconut oil
- Grated garlic and ginger optional
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp. miso sauce unpasteurised
- 1-2 tsp. maple syrup or other natural sweetener
- 4 tbsp. lemon juice
- A pinch of chilli powder or dash of tamari to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Massage the salmon with coconut oil and seasoning.
- Place skin side up in your baking dish and bake for about 20 minutes.
- While it is cooking, you can make the sauce and prepare your greens. This dish is great with cauliflower rice or quinoa, steamed broccoli and fresh baby spinach.
- Shake all the ingredients of the miso sauce in a jam jar and pour over the fish when you are serving.