These raw paleo nut bars are perfect for a snack or for breakfast – full of protein, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals and minimum natural sugars giving you long lasting energy and balanced sugar levels.
RAW PALEO NUT BAR
- 1 cup walnuts soaked and activated
- ½ cup cashews soaked and activated
- ½ cup almonds soaked and activated
- 1 cup sunflower and pumpkin seeds soaked and activated
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup dried shredded coconut
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup raw honey or other natural sweetener like Lakanto Monfruit sweetenr or stevia
- ½-1 teaspoon vanilla extract or powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries gojis, blueberries or 65% cacao chips
- Add nuts and seeds to a food processor and pulse until they are coarsely ground.
- Place in a bowl and stir in the almond meal and shredded coconut.
- Gently melt the coconut oil and almond butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Stir in the honey, vanilla, sea salt and then pour over the dry mixture.
- Add the dried fruit or choc chips and mix well.
- Spoon into a tray lined with parchment paper and smooth out.
- Place in the fridge or freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Once it is set, cut into slices and store in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge or for longer in the freezer.