This creamy acai berry chia bowl is my favourite breakfast. It’s so easy to make and cool and refreshing on a hot day.
Acai are rich, purple berries from Brazil and unbelievably high in antioxidants and so delicious!
They are also full of vitamin E which is important for our skin, and essential fatty acids too.
Chia seeds are so good for us! They are bursting with fibre, which keeps you energised and satisfied for hours, as well as omega-3 fatty acids, which are very anti-inflammatory and are amazing for our skin. They are also a brilliant source of calcium for strong bones, iron and protein for energy.
Chia seeds expand to ten times their original size when mixed with a liquid and they bind into a gel. They’re a good egg replacement and bind ingredients together really well. They are great for thickening things up such as in this recipe.
Both of these superfoods can be added to such a variety of foods! Enjoy!
Check out my video below to see how easy it is to make!
- 4 tbsp. chia seed
- 1 cup almond milk (or dairy free milk of your choice)
- 1-2 bananas, frozen preferably (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 cup berries
- 1 small ripe avocado or 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. acai berry powder or puree
- 1 handful of spinach or tbsp. of your favourite green powder e.g. Boku superfood powder (optional)
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth
- Serve with your choice of toppings: Fresh banana slices / Granola / Sunflower seeds / Goji berries / Bee pollen