These choccie biccies are easy and quick to make and are a healthy alternative to shop bought ones. Great for kids and for dunking in your tea!
These choccie biccies are easy and quick to make and a healthy alternative to shop bought ones. Great for kids and for dunking in your tea!
- 125 g coconut oil
- 125 g coconut sugar or monkfruit sweetener which has 0 calories and does not affect your blood sugar levels at all - an incredible natural sweetener!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 g rice flour
- 50 g cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- In a bowl, cream together the oil and sweetener.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract, followed by the rest of the ingredients until it forms a dough consistency.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 20 minutes until chilled but still pliable.
- Roll out the dough to about 1cm thick.
- Cut out as many biscuits as you can with your cookie cutter.
- Any remaining dough can be rolled out again.
- Place on your baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes until dry and biscuity.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week or longer in the freezer.